Are you searching for the best Miramar slip and fall lawyer? If so, you have come to the right place. Being severely injured as a result of someone else’s negligence can be quite stressful. The victim might be hospitalized and financially drained due to his/her inability to continue working. When you or someone in your family has been injured due to a slip and fall accident in a public or private facility, Florida law permits the victim to file a claim against the negligent party. That’s where you need assistance from a qualified and experienced slip and fall lawyer in Miramar, FL.
A highly qualified and experienced slip and fall lawyer can get you the highest possible compensation for your injuries. They have adequate knowledge, skills, and experience to handle your case. They will represent your case in courts if the insurance company fails to offer adequate compensation. In fact, these professionals are not afraid of going to trial. All in all, working with a qualified slip and fall lawyer from Englander Peebles will reduce your stress levels and get you the maximum possible compensation for your injuries. Call us today for a free case review with a premises liability attorney!
Table of Contents
What Are The Most Common Slip And Fall Accidents?
People usually go about their daily living without unnecessarily worrying about their safety. But accidents can happen anywhere at any time, whether it’s in a private or public facility. Many of these accidents are in the form of a slip and fall. Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Structural defects of private and public facilities – ex. cracked sidewalks, torn carpeting, as well as potholes in streets and parking lots
- Broken staircases, missing handrails, and malfunctioning escalators
- Unlit walkways and hallways
- Wet walkways, staircases, and floors
- Hazardous debris in workplaces – For example, tree branches that do not get cleaned up.
- Spills that are not cleaned up in time – inside stores, nursing homes, etc.
- Weather-related conditions such as snow or ice that doesn’t get shoveled away or salted
- Failure to install storm drains, gutters, or anti-slip devices – that may lead to dangerous conditions during heavy snowfall or rainfall
- Failure to place signs or restrict the areas when dangerous conditions like the above exist
How Can A Miramar Slip And Fall Attorney Help Me With My Case?
When you or a loved one has been injured due to a slip and fall accident, you should make sure that the victim’s rights are protected. Proving liability in slip and fall cases can be complicated, and insurance companies will try to settle the case with the lowest possible compensation. That’s why you need a professional slip and fall attorney from Englander Peebles to help you.
Your attorney will focus on the relevant details of your case and work with you to get the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. The lawyers at Englander Peebles have handled similar cases before and have the relevant trial experience to take your case to trial if the insurance provider tries to deny you a fair compensation amount.
What Steps Can Be Taken To Help A Slip and Fall Case?
If you slip and fall in a public place, a business, or on someone’s property, there are many steps that you need to immediately follow unless you are not severely injured due to the accident. If you are severely injured, you should immediately seek medical assistance. You can be your best advocate. Here are some things to do to help your slip and fall lawsuit:
- Take all the photos you can at the time
- Report the incident to a manager of the facility
- Take down the names and numbers of witnesses
- See if the problem can be addressed right away if possible
How Do I Know If I Have a Valid Slip And Fall Case?
You may have solid grounds for a slip and fall claim if your case meets the following conditions:
- The party you are seeking compensation from (i.e. a store, government entity, or person) controls, owns, or manages the public or property where you slipped and fell.
- The property owner had prior knowledge of the hazardous condition or should have reasonably known about its existence.
- You were not aware of the dangerous condition.
- There were no signs posted in the vicinity.
How Is Liability Determined In A Mirama, FL Slip And Fall Case?
Pleading a successful slip and fall case in Florida requires proof of:
- A duty
- A breach of the duty
- The breach caused the accident
- You suffered damages as a result of the accident
The victim needs to show that:
- He/she had a reason to be on the property owner’s premises at the time of the accident (was not trespassing)
- She/he exercised reasonable caution (ie. were not distracted in any way)
- The property owner did not give a warning of the dangerous condition that led to the accident
- She/he was not engaging in any activity that resulted in the slip and fall injury
Our slip and fall lawyers will help you build a solid case and fight for the maximum amount of compensation possible.
How Much Is My Slip And Fall Case Worth?
The potential damages in a Florida slip and fall case can be nearly unlimited. This is when someone has slipped and fallen on the property of an established and successful business. But when someone is harmed in the home of another, the damages can be limited to some extent.
Are There Any Time Limits For Filing A Slip And Fall Lawsuit In Florida?
Get Help From A Miramar Slip and Fall Lawyer At Englander Peebles
When you or someone in your family has been injured due to a slip and fall accident because of the negligence of another party, you should file a lawsuit to claim the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. You need a skilled and experienced slip and fall lawyer from Englander Peebles to handle your case and get you the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. Call Englander Peebles today at (954) 231-1384 for all your slip and fall injury cases in Miramar, Florida.