Fort Lauderdale Spine Injury Lawyer
People can suffer spine injuries in all types of accidents in Fort Lauderdale. They range from minor disc issues to severe nerve damage that leads to paralysis. Unfortunately, most of these accidents and spine injuries are entirely preventable. They result from the careless or reckless acts of others.
At Englander Peebles, our experienced and compassionate personal injury attorneys protect the rights of spine injury victims and their families in Fort Lauderdale and throughout Florida. We are aggressive litigators who know how to fight for our clients when dealing with insurance companies.
We understand how a spine injury can change the lives of victims and their loved ones. We will handle all aspects of your case so that you can focus on your health and your family. Call or reach us online today to learn more in a free consultation.
Types of Spine Injuries
At Englander Peebles, our attorneys have experience with helping clients with a wide range of spine injuries. As a result, we understand the unique issues that these different types of injuries present such as:
- Spinal cord injuries ? The spinal cord is the network of nerves which runs down your back roughly from the base of your neck to your pelvis and hips. If these nerves suffer damage due to compression or a direct blow, it can cause a person to suffer paralysis below the point of the injury.? The loss of sense and function may be complete or incomplete. In most cases, it is permanent. The victim may need extensive medical treatment, assistive devices, ongoing therapy and a lifetime of care and assistance.
- Spinal column injuries ? The spinal column is the series of disc-like bones that protect the nerves in the spinal cord. These bones are called vertebrae. In many kinds of accidents, a person can suffer damage to vertebrae that shears nerves, resulting in paralysis.
- Nerve damage ? Even relatively mild spine injury can result in nerve damage. A person with nerve damage can suffer extreme, debilitating pain. In the worst cases, the person will lose sensation and use due to the nerve damage.
- Disc injuries ? The gel-like discs which cushion the bones in the spinal column are highly susceptible to harm in an accident. If vertebrae become compressed, it can cause these discs to herniate, or bulge, or possibly rupture. The irritation of surrounding nerves can be highly painful and prevent a person from working or enjoying activities.
At Englander Peebles, we will take the time to understand your spine injury and how it has affected you physically, emotionally and financially. We want to pursue a settlement that fully compensates you for the harm that you have suffered through no fault of your own.
Common Causes of Spine Injuries in Fort Lauderdale
More than 800 spinal cord injury-related hospitalizations occur in Florida each year, according to the WellFlorida Council. The leading causes of those spine injuries are:
- Auto accidents ? The force of impact can cause trauma to the spine, or it can cause a person to bend or twist in a sudden, violent motion, which in turn damages the spine. In many cases, the underlying cause of the accident is another driver’s negligence such as driving while distracted, impaired by drugs or alcohol or while overly fatigued. That driver should be held accountable.
- Falls ? A fall from heights such as a ladder, roof or scaffolding can cause spinal damage. A slip and fall can also occur due to dangerous conditions such as a slippery floor, uneven pavement or a concealed hole. If a property owner’s negligence allowed the fall and spinal injury to happen, the owner can and should be held liable.
- Assaults ? All too often, assaults occur due to the failure of property owners to provide adequate security in areas such as hotels, motels, apartment or condo complexes, shopping centers or parking garages. Victims can suffer a wide range of injuries in these attacks, including damage to the spine.
- Sports-related incidents ? All sports carry a certain level of accepted risk. However, the risk of spine injury reaches an unacceptable level when young athletes are put in dangerous situations, taught incorrect technique or given improper equipment. In some cases, athletes suffer harm due to the poor handling of a spine injury by coaches, trainers and/or medical staff.
At Englander Peebles, we will thoroughly investigate your case. Our goal will be to get to the truth about why your accident and spine injury occurred and to identify who should be held responsible for it.
Damages for Spine Injury Victims
Our team at Englander Peebles will collect and analyze your medical records to determine the nature and severity of your spine injury. We may also consult with medical experts about the impact of your injury and the type of care and treatment that you will need as you move forward. Our goal will be to recover full and fair compensation for you, which may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income and loss of future earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress.
Throughout your case, we will pay close attention to your goals. We will advise you of any settlement offer that you receive and help you to determine whether it meets your goals. We will also provide you with regular updates about your case and be available to answer your questions. We take pride in providing our clients with the highest level of client service.
Our Fort Lauderdale Spine Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Our attorneys at Englander Peebles prepare spine injury cases for trial. Doing so prepares us for settlement negotiations with insurance companies. We are prepared to deal with them and fight for the compensation which our clients are due. We know how important that compensation will be for our clients as they move ahead.
To discuss the specific facts of your spine injury case, call or reach us online today. Our initial consultations are always free. You will pay no costs or fees unless we secure compensation for you.