Gary B. Englander
Gary Englander is an experienced trial attorney who focuses his practice to representing individuals who have been seriously injured due to the negligence of others. He is regularly in the Courtroom fighting for the rights of his clients. Gary has obtained millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. He is a Life Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization whose membership is limited to attorneys who have achieved multi-million dollar recoveries.
During law school, Gary worked with the Office of the Florida Attorney General as a law clerk in the Multistate Litigation Division. There, he concentrated on issues related to data and consumer privacy and co-authored a policy guide for handling data breaches. During his tenure with the Attorney General’s Office, Gary was recognized for his assistance in obtaining substantial recoveries for the State of Florida.
Outside of the civil arena, Gary has served as a certified legal intern with the Broward County State Attorney’s Office. There, he participated in all aspects of the criminal litigation process gaining invaluable courtroom experience. To that end, Gary tried jury and bench trials and argued numerous motions. Mr. Englander also had the privilege of serving as a law clerk with the United States Department of Justice in the U.S. Attorneys’ Office. In that capacity, he assisted in the preparation of trials and hearings as well as conducted research on complex and sensitive legal issues.
Education & Honors
Gary Englander obtained his Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center. Gary graduated first in his class and was a Dean Merit Scholarship Recipient as well as a Broad Fellowship Recipient.
During law school, Mr. Englander served as the Executive and Managing Editor of the International Citator and Research Guide and was selected to become a member of the Nova Trial Association. He also served as a teaching assistant for Professor Douglas Donoho. In that position, he taught first year law students basic legal writing and analysis. Gary received recognition for completing 300+ hours of Pro Bono service during law school.
Mr. Englander was awarded with several CALI book awards (“Highest Grade”) for his academic achievement in the following courses: Evidence, Business Entities, Torts, Wills & Trusts, Constitutional Law II (First Amendment), Interviewing & Counseling, and International Business Transactions.
Gary received his B.A. from the University of Central Florida where he majored in Political Science and minored in Criminal Justice and Legal Studies. While at the University of Central Florida, Gary was appointed to assist students in defending against charges brought by the University.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Central Florida
- B.A., Political Science
- Minors in Criminal Justice and Legal Studies
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Defective Products
- Negligent Security
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Life Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Life Member
- The Best Lawyers in America® – 2023
- Super Lawyers – 2022, 2023
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star – 2018 – 2021
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Up & Comer – 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating – 2014-2023
- American Institute of Legal Counsel – Top 10 Attorney
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 Attorney
- The American Registry – America’s Most Honored Professionals Top 1%