Tamarac Lyft Car Accident Lawyer
Lyft drivers in South Florida tend to have far more experience behind the wheel than the average motorist, but no driver is immune to accidents. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a Lyft crash, you may be wondering how to approach the claims process. The Tamarac Lyft accident attorneys at Englander Peebles will evaluate your case for free, answer your questions, and help you enforce your rights.
Our injury lawyers represent clients in Tamarac, Broward County, and throughout South Florida. Call us today at (954) 500-4878 for a consultation.Can I Make a Claim Against a Lyft Driver After a Rideshare Accident?
Depending on the circumstances, your accident might be covered by Lyft’s $1 million insurance policy. This policy comes into play when a Lyft driver or passenger is injured after the driver accepts the ride request but before the ride has ended in the app. If you were injured by a negligent Lyft driver who was in driver mode, then your accident might be covered by Lyft’s $50,000/$100,000 insurance policy. If you were injured by a negligent Lyft driver who was off duty, then his or her personal car insurance coverage would come into play.How Much Is My Lyft Car Accident Claim Worth?
Each car accident case is unique, and the value of your claim will depend on a multitude of factors including:
- The cost of your medical bills;
- The cost of your future medical treatment;
- The amount of income you lost while recovering;
- Whether you suffered a loss of earning capacity due to your injuries;
- The cost of your vehicle repairs;
- The cost of any necessary home modifications;
- Whether you suffered scarring or disfigurement;
- Whether you lost an essential bodily function; and
- Whether the at-fault driver acted with gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
Claimants who represent themselves often overlook future damages and non-economic damages, which may account for a significant part of your recovery. The Lyft accident lawyers at Englander Peebles will make sure you include all damages you may be entitled to in your claim. If necessary, we can arrange testimony from a financial expert and medical expert witness to prove your damages.7 Mistakes to Avoid After a Lyft Car Accident in Tamarac
The car accident claims process is riddled with legal hurdles, and one misstep could have profound consequences for your claim. Be sure to avoid the following mistakes:
- Admitting fault;
- Making a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster without proper preparation;
- Putting off your initial medical evaluation;
- Missing doctor’s visits;
- Not following your doctor’s prescribed treatment plan;
- Posting information about your case on social media; and
- Waiting too long to contact a Broward County injury attorney.
If you were severely injured or lost a family member in a Lyft accident in Broward County, turn to Englander Peebles for compassionate and tenacious legal representation. Call us today at (954) 500-4878 to arrange a free initial consultation.