The South Florida immigration attorneys at Englander Peebles are here to assist international students in attending academic programs in the United States. If you would like to apply for an F-1 visa, our student visa lawyers can help by:
- Explaining what you should do and what you can expect during the application process;
- Preparing and filing your F-1 visa application;
- Recommending ways to improve your chances of approval;
- Helping you gather supporting documents to prove you have sufficient financial resources to fund your stay;
- Preparing you for potential questioning by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) or the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at the U.S. port of entry;
- Preparing you for the interview with the U.S. Consular Officer.
Our South Florida F-1 visa lawyers can also help you avoid common mistakes that may delay the application process. To learn more or to schedule a free consultation, call us today at (954) 500-4878.What Are the Eligibility Requirements for the F-1 Student Visa?
F-1 student visas are available to foreign nationals who intend to come to the United States as full-time language or academic students enrolled in a program that leads to a certificate or degree. The general requirements for obtaining an F-1 student visa include, but are not limited to:
- You are coming to the United States as a full-time student;
- The program in which you are enrolling leads to degree, certificate, or diploma;
- A school approved by the U.S. government has accepted you;
- You have sufficient funds to complete your studies;
- You meet the English proficiency requirements or are enrolled in courses leading to same.
Undergraduate students are generally considered full-time students if they take at least 12 units per semester. Contact a Student Visa attorney for additional information.How Do I Prove Sufficient Funds?
To obtain an F-1 visa, you must show evidence that you have sufficient funds. This is usually established in bank statements and/or affidavits of support that includes your financial details.Call an F-1 Student Visa Attorney in South Florida Today.
If you have questions about the F-1 visa application process or if you would like to speak with a student visa lawyer about your case, contact Englander Peebles today. We will explain the visa process and will be there for you the entire time. Call (954) 500-4878 to schedule a free consultation.