Fort Lauderdale Water Damage Claims Lawyer
Water damage is one of the most common types of property insurance claims in Florida and throughout the country. In fact, the Insurance Information Institute reports that water damage accounts for roughly one-fourth of all homeowners’ claims that are filed in our country each year. Unfortunately, it is rarely easy to get an insurance company to pay the full value of these claims.
At Englander Peebles, our property damage lawyers have deep experience with handling water damage claims. We never back down when dealing with insurance companies, and we fight for the full and fair compensation that our clients deserve. If an insurance company denied your water damage claim, we are here to help you. Contact us today to learn how we can assist you and set up a free review of your case.
Did the Insurance Company Deny Your Water Damage Claim?
Under Florida Statutes ? 627.7142, homeowners have important rights. When handling property damage claims, including those which involve water damage, insurance companies must follow good-faith settlement practices. Sadly, not all insurers do. If you are a South Florida homeowner, and the insurance company denied your water damage claim, you need to take immediate action in order to protect your rights. Specifically, you should:
- Review the denial letter. Your insurance denial letter should provide some basic information regarding why the insurer denied your claim. Only when you understand the insurer?s reasoning will you be in a position to bring an effective appeal.
- Keep meticulous records. Evidence is the key to prevailing in a property insurance dispute. Be sure to save everything. The more documents, records and information that you have in your possession, the easier it will be to challenge the insurer?s denial of your water damage claim.
- Avoid calling the insurance company. It may be tempting to call the insurance company and discuss the problem. But this could be a mistake. When you deal with an insurance company, it is always best to correspond in writing.?When you do so, you create a record.
- Speak to a homeowners? insurance lawyer. Don’t let the insurance company get the last word. An experienced Florida water damage claims attorney at Englander Peebles will be able to assess your case and help you to take pursue the full property insurance settlement that you deserve.
What are Common Causes of Water Damage Claims in Florida?
Our law firm has experience with handling a broad range of water damage claims ? from those involving severe weather events to those which arise due to issues within the home. Some of the most common causes of water damage claims in Florida include:
- Roofing defects
- Drainage issues
- Pipe bursts
- Leaking appliances or equipment
- Hurricanes/tropical storms
- Strong winds
- Flash flooding.
Homeowners must determine exactly why the water damage occurred. This is because property insurance policies often provide full coverage for only certain types of water damage. For example, many Florida homeowners? insurance policies do not offer coverage for “gradual” water damage. An insurer may try to improperly exclude your claim on the grounds that the damage amounts to an uncovered loss.
What Does ‘Water Damage’ Mean?
One of the most challenging things about dealing with a water-related issue is that the full extent of the damage is not always immediately obvious. This type of damage can come in many different forms. Indeed, water damage may cause problems behind walls or in other ways that are difficult to see. Specifically, homeowners may be stuck dealing with:
- The cost of extracting and drying the water
- Ruined carpeting or flooring
- Damaged furniture
- Damaged electronics
- Mold growth
- Structural damage, including drywall and foundational damage.
Depending on the nature of your water damage and the specific terms of your homeowners? insurance policy, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation for all of these damages and more. In fact, reasonable living expenses for homeowners displaced during repair and restoration may also be covered under your policy.
How Can a Florida Lawyer Help with Your Denied Homeowners? Claim?
Unfortunately, getting a full and fair water damage settlement check from the insurance company can be a difficult task. You may be dealing with an unreasonable delay, underpayment or outright denial. No matter the specific circumstances of your situation, our Fort Lauderdale property damage attorney at Englander Peebles are prepared to help.
Property insurance companies are notorious for denying or underpaying valid water damage claims. You need an aggressive advocate on your side who understands the process and knows how to hold insurers to the terms of the policies they issue. When you work with Englander Peebles, we will:
- Conduct a free review of your water damage claim
- Review the homeowners? policy
- Answer your questions and explain your options
- Investigate your property?s water damage
- Build a strong, compelling insurance appeal
- If necessary, prepare for property insurance litigation.
Once you hire our water damage claims lawyers, we will handle all correspondence with the insurance company and protect your legal rights. In many cases, water damage claim denials can still be settled outside of court. With that said, many cases require litigation. If your insurance provider acted in bad faith, our law firm will be ready to take your case to trial and pursue maximum compensation for you.
We have earned a reputation for standing up to large insurance companies that try to bully and ignore the rights of our clients. When our attorneys are on the case, insurance companies know that we won’t back down.
Get Help from Our Fort Lauderdale Water Damage Claims Attorneys
At Englander Peebles, we have extensive experience with handling a wide variety of water damage claims for clients in Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Miami Gardens and throughout Florida. Our attorneys are committed to helping our clients to recover the full and fair value of their water damage claims. We realize how important those claims are for our clients and their families. If an insurance company has delayed, denied or underpaid your claim, contact us today to discuss your case in a free consultation.