Pompano Beach Uber Car Accident Lawyer
The expansion of ridesharing services in Pompano Beach and throughout South Florida has coincided with an increase in Uber accidents. Many distraught victims quickly find out that getting out of the hospital is just the first step in the long and tedious recovery process. Beyond coping with the emotional trauma and physical injuries, the financial impact of an Uber accident can be devastating.
If you were injured in an Uber crash, contact Englander Peebles. Our Pompano Beach Uber accident attorneys will assess your case for free and help you compile the evidence needed to prove negligence, causation, and damages. We are well-versed in the laws that govern Uber car accident claims in Florida, and we have the experience and resources to go up against large insurance companies and corporations. Schedule a free consultation today by calling (954) 500-4878.Types of Damages Recoverable After an Uber Car Accident in Pompano Beach
The specific types of damages you will be able to recover and their value will depend on the specific facts surrounding your case. Florida law allows personal injury victims to pursue compensatory damages (economic and non-economic damages) as well as punitive damages, which are intended to punish the defendant for egregious behavior.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, whether you were sidelined from work, and many other factors, you may be entitled to compensation for the following damages after an Uber car accident:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future earning capacity;
- Vehicle repairs;
- Home modifications;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and
- Punitive damages.
Punitive damages are only recoverable when the defendant acted with gross negligence or intentional misconduct. For example, you may be awarded punitive damages if the defendant:
- Was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Was fleeing from police;
- Was engaging in other criminal behavior;
- Was driving at a reckless speed;
- Knowingly failed to maintain a safe vehicle (e.g. brakes); or
- Behaved recklessly and failed to stop at the scene.
Many insurance companies have teams of attorneys who are tasked with finding reasons to undervalue and deny claims. One small mistake could jeopardize your claim and significantly reduce the amount of compensation you recover, or prevent you from recovering any compensation at all.
Here are a few mistakes you should avoid after an Uber car accident:
- Failing to take photos of the crash scene, write down witnesses’ contact details, or exchange contact and insurance information with drivers;
- Forgetting to contact the police;
- Putting off your medical evaluation;
- Waiting too long to contact a Broward County car accident lawyer;
- Lying to your personal injury attorney;
- Making a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster without proper preparation;
- Accepting a settlement that doesn’t include future damages and non-economic damages;
- Accepting a settlement before you know the severity of your injuries;
- Publishing social media posts about your case;
- Missing doctor’s appointments; and
- Not following the doctor’s prescribed treatment plan.
If you were seriously injured or lost a family member in a South Florida Uber car accident, contact Englander Peebles to discuss your case and determine the most strategic way to proceed. Schedule a free consultation today by calling (954) 500-4878.