Pompano Beach Lyft Car Accident Lawyer
Lyft is Uber's biggest competitor in Pompano Beach. With thousands of vehicles on the road and a rapidly expanding customer base, Lyft has quickly become one of Broward County’s most popular ways to get around. However, after a car accident involving a Lyft driver, victims have questions reagrding the claims process.
If you were hurt in a Lyft accident—whether as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian—you can get the answers to your claims-related questions by contacting Englander Peebles. Our Pompano Beach Lyft car accident attorneys have the resources and tenacity to take on even the largest corporations and insurance companies. Call us today at (954) 500-4878 to schedule a free initial consultation.Who Is Liable for Damages After a Lyft Accident in South Florida?
This is one of the most common questions we are asked by people injured in Lyft crashes. The answer depends on several factors such as:
- What factors contributed to the wreck?
- Was the Lyft driver’s app in “driver mode?”
- Was the at-fault driver uninsured or underinsured?
- Were you the Lyft driver, a Lyft passenger, a pedestrian, or a driver or passenger in another vehicle?
If you were a paying passenger in a Lyft vehicle and the Lyft driver caused the wreck, you should be covered by Lyft’s $1 million insurance policy. This policy includes uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If another driver caused the accident, your injury attorney would first bring a claim against his or her insurance policy, but if the driver was uninsured or underinsured, Lyft’s $1 million policy would come into play.
If the Lyft driver caused the accident but was off duty, his or her personal insurance policy should cover your damages.What Steps Should I Take After a Lyft Accident in Pompano Beach?
Medical bills, lost wages, and vehicle repairs can be exorbitant after a serious collision. For your claim to have any chance of success, you will need strong evidence to prove negligence and damages. Follow these steps immediately after a Lyft accident:
- Call the police, and write down the accident report number;
- Record eyewitnesses’ contact details;
- Take pictures of vehicle license plates, insurance cards, and driver’s licenses;
- Take photos of property damage, injuries, and the crash scene;
- Visit a doctor immediately for a medical evaluation for your injuries; and
- Contact a South Florida Lyft car accident lawyer right away.
Most Lyft rides are completed without incident, but it only takes one negligent driver to cause a tragic wreck. If you were hurt or lost a family member in a Lyft accident in South Florida, turn to the experienced legal team at Englander Peebles.
Our personal injury attorneys will help you understand and enforce your legal rights. We will get to work immediately to gather evidence while it is still available. Schedule a free initial consultation today by calling (954) 500-4878.