- There were 8,410 crashes involving pedestrians in Florida;
- Almost 500 pedestrians were killed in these accidents; and
- Another 7,500 pedestrians suffered injuries ranging from minor scrapes and cuts to catastrophic and permanent injuries.
Pedestrian accident injuries are some of the most severe of any type of motor vehicle crash. A pedestrian that is struck by a car, a commercial truck, or even a motorcycle is likely to suffer broken bones, spine, and/or head injuries, or even death. Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney Gary Englander can help pedestrian accident victims and their families recover financial compensation if their injuries are caused by another person’s careless actions.What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident?
If you or a loved one have just been injured in a pedestrian accident in South Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Miramar, and Plantation, you are likely feeling overwhelmed confused, and possibly afraid of the future. These feelings are natural and appropriate. But it is important, if you can, to take appropriate steps to protect your legal rights:
- Call the Police: It is very important to your case that the police come to the scene to investigate the accident. Many times, the police are able to interview witnesses and make observations that can be very helpful to your case.
- Seek medical treatment immediately: Even if you feel okay or your loved one says they are “fine,” you should still be evaluated as quickly as possible by a medical professional. This evaluation may reveal certain internal injuries that have not yet manifested any symptoms.
- Identify witnesses and preserve evidence: If possible, the pedestrian or someone with him or her at the time of the accident should attempt to collect the names and contact information for witnesses who might have seen or come upon the scene of the crash. In addition, take photographs of the scene of the accident, the car or cars involved, any tire marks, the victim’s injuries, and other evidence as this can make preparing for a pedestrian accident trial much easier. Make sure this information and these photographs are also stored in a safe and secure location for future use.
- Finally, you should contact Englander Peebles' Fort Lauderdale pedestrian accident attorneys as soon as possible.
The sooner that you obtain experienced legal counsel, the more likely it is that we can obtain and preserve vital evidence. Englander Peebles is an experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyer based out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We are available to help residents of Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach Counties – as well as injury victims throughout Florida – recover monetary compensation following a pedestrian accident. Contact Englander Peebles today at (954) 500-4878 or through our online form.