It’s no secret that alcohol brings out the worst in some people. If you suffered a catastrophic injury due to a nightclub attack, whether it was caused by another patron or an employee of the venue (such as a bouncer), you may be entitled to compensation. The Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys at Englander Peebles can evaluate your case for free to determine if you have grounds for a claim. Call (954) 500-4878 today to arrange a free consultation with a South Florida injury lawyer.
You May Be Able to Sue the Nightclub If Injured by a Bouncer.
If you were punched or otherwise injured by a bouncer for no reason, you may have grounds for a claim against the nightclub that employed the bouncer. In fact, there have been cases like this in Florida that resulted in multi-million dollar settlements.
You can hold nightclubs accountable for the negligence of their workers through direct negligence or vicarious liability. Direct negligence occurs when a nightclub breaches its duty of care to the plaintiff. Examples of direct negligence include negligent training, premises liability, or negligent hiring. If a bouncer injured you for no reason and it can be demonstrated that he was negligently trained, you may have grounds for a claim against the nightclub through direct negligence.
Vicarious liability rests on respondeat superior, a principle that holds the employer responsible for the actions of employees, even if the employer did nothing wrong.
Evidence Your Fort Lauderdale Injury Attorney May Use to Support Your Claim.
To win a claim against a nightclub, it must be shown that the nightclub owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and the breach of duty resulted in an injury or loss. Depending on the facts of your case, there are several types of evidence your Broward County injury attorney may use to prove your case as well as the value of your damages such as:
- Surveillance footage of the incident;
- Eyewitness testimony;
- Medical documents and invoices;
- Your income tax return and pay stubs—to prove lost wages;
- Testimony from financial and medical experts; and
- The police report.
Important Steps to Take After a Nightclub Attack in South Florida.
If you were seriously injured in a nightclub attack, it can seem impossible to focus on legal and financial concerns. But if you intend to file a claim, your statements and actions will likely have a profound impact on the outcome of your case. Here are a few steps you should after a South Florida nightclub injury:
- Take down the contact information of eyewitnesses;
- Take pictures of any injuries as well as the location where the attack occurred;
- Visit a doctor immediately for medical treatment for your injuries;
- Contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. If you wait too long, important evidence such as surveillance video footage may become forever lost;
- Keep all medical records related to your injury; and
- Do not post anything about your case on social media.
Contact the Nightclub Injury Attorneys at Englander Peebles Today.
The South Florida personal injury lawyers at Englander Peebles can help you navigate the claims process from start to finish. Schedule a free consultation today by calling (954) 500-4878.