Margate Apartment Complex Slip and Falls
A serious fall can damage almost any part of your body and leave you sidelined from work for weeks or even months while you recover. The cost of medical bills and lost wages can add up quickly. If you were injured in a trip or slip and fall accident at an apartment complex in Margate, you may be entitled to compensation to cover your damages. The Margate personal injury attorneys at Englander Peebles have the knowledge, courtroom experience and tenacity to help you pursue the compensation you need to move on with life.
Landlords and property managers are required by law to keep their premises in reasonably safe condition and to post warnings about potential dangers. When they breach this duty and someone is injured as a result, that person can file a premises liability claim for the injuries they sustained.
Our injury lawyers can help you gather the evidence needed to prove liability and the value of your damages. We can help you overcome legal hurdles and avoid costly mistakes that may jeopardize your case. Call us today at (954) 500-4878 for a free consultation with a an experienced personal injury attorney in Margate.
6 Steps to Take after a Slip and Fall Accident at an Apartment Complex in Margate.
It’s not easy to think clearly after a serious fall, but your actions in the immediate aftermath can have a profound impact on the outcome of your premises liability claim. Follow these following steps after a slip and fall:
- Use your phone to take pictures of your injuries and the hazard that caused them. Be sure to enable your timestamp function;
- Look around for CCTV cameras that may have recorded the incident;
- If possible, report the incident to a manager at the apartment complex;
- If there are any witnesses, record their names and phone numbers;
- Visit a doctor to evaluate your injuries as soon as possible; and
- Call a Margate personal injury lawyer to discuss your case.
What Evidence Will My Margate Injury Attorney Use to Prove Negligence?
The answer to this question depends on the specific cause of your injuries. Here are a few examples of common evidence used to prove negligence in apartment complex premises liability cases:
- Photos of the hazard that caused the trip or slip and fall;
- Records of complaints filed by tenants or other individuals about similar issues;
- Eyewitness testimony;
- Surveillance footage of the accident; and
- The incident and police reports.
For your claim to be successful, it must be shown that the liable party had actual or constructive knowledge of the dangerous condition and should have fixed it. This can be difficult to prove without the assistance of a skilled attorney who has successfully handled premises liability claims. The personal injury lawyers at Englander Peebles are well versed in the laws that govern these cases, and we can help you gather the evidence needed to prove your claim.
Call a Personal Injury Attorney in Margate Today.
If you were seriously injured due to a trip or slip and fall accident at a Margate apartment complex, contact Englander Peebles to find out if you have grounds for a claim. Call us today at (954) 500-4878 to arrange a free initial consultation.