Lyft Car Accident Claims
Lyft is one of the fastest-growing ride share companies in Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, and throughout South Florida. Although Lyft tends to be more affordable and convenient than traditional taxis, ride share drivers are just as prone to accidents as every other motorist on the road. If you were injured in a Lyft accident, whether as a Lyft driver or a passenger, pedestrian, or another motorist, it is important that you contact a personal injury lawyer right away to find out how to proceed with your claim.
Determining insurance liability may be especially complicated after a ride share accident. The Fort Lauderdale Lyft car accident attorneys at Englander Peebles stay up-to-date on all insurance laws related to ride share services, and we can help you navigate the claims process and fight for compensation for your injuries. Call (954) 500-4878 today for a free consultation.
5 Steps to Take After a Lyft Accident
It can seem impossible to remain calm after a serious collision, but your statements and actions at the crash scene could have a major impact on the outcome of your claim. Be sure to take these five steps after a Lyft accident:
- Your top priority is to seek medical assistance for yourself and anyone else who was injured. Call the police, and if anyone was severely hurt, request emergency medical assistance;
- If you are able, take photos of the crash scene that show the positions of vehicles, injuries, property damage, skid marks, and traffic signs. You should also take pictures of driver’s licenses and insurance information;
- If there are any eyewitnesses, take down their contact details;
- When the police arrive, tell an officer what happened, and be sure to mention if you are injured. Ask for the crash report number; and
- Call a Fort Lauderdale Lyft accident attorney to find out how to proceed with your claim.
4 Common Mistakes to Avoid After a Lyft Accident
You may already know that insurance companies have financial incentive to deny and undervalue claims. Insurance adjusters often try to get claimants to make recorded statements or accept low settlements that may not cover their future medical bills and other damages.
The bottom line is that one small mistake could significantly reduce the amount of compensation that you recover or prevent you from recovering any compensation at all. To give your claim the best chance of success, be sure to avoid these common mistakes:
- Forgetting to call the police, record the contact information of eyewitnesses, or take photos at the crash scene;
- If you are injured, putting off your medical treatment;
- Putting off your consultation with a Lyft accident attorney; and
- Posting information about your case on social media.
Lyft Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale
If you were injured in a Lyft accident in South Florida, contact Englander Peebles to find out if you may have grounds for a claim. We will investigate your collision, interview eyewitnesses, gather evidence, and aggressively advocate on your behalf. Call (954) 500-4878 today to set up a free consultation.