Fort Lauderdale Uber Car Accident Lawyer
Uber has established a strong foothold in South Florida as one of the most popular modes of transportation. Although ridesharing tends to be cheaper and more convenient than traditional taxis, the fact remains that you take a risk every time you get into strangers’ vehicles and trust them to get you from point A to point B.
If you were seriously injured or lost a family member in an Uber crash, contact Englander Peebles to discuss your rights. Our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers will evaluate your case for free to determine if you have grounds for a claim against Uber, the Uber driver, or another party.
You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Call us today at (954) 500-4878 to schedule a consultation.Important Evidence to Prove Your Uber Car Accident Claim
Just like any other personal injury case, you will need evidence to prove liability, causation, and damages for your Uber car accident claim to be successful. This evidence may include:
- Photos that show the road conditions, positions of vehicles, skid marks, vehicle damage, and injuries;
- The police report;
- Toxicology reports;
- Eyewitness testimony;
- Diagnostic imaging, prescription records, and other medical documents;
- Medical bills;
- Your journal about your personal injuries;
- Surveillance and dashcam footage of the crash;
- Paystubs, income tax returns, and other proof of lost income;
- Receipts for necessary home modifications; and
- Testimony from a medical expert witness, accident reconstruction expert, and financial expert.
The Fort Lauderdale Uber accident attorneys at Englander Peebles will prepare for your case as if we are going to trial; however, our goal is to help you recover the compensation you need as quickly as possible. We will interview witnesses, compile evidence, handle correspondence with the insurance company, and help you navigate the claims process from start to finish.Steps to Take After an Uber Accident in Fort Lauderdale
The steps you take after an Uber accident are similar to those you would take after any other collision. They include:
- Call the police;
- Request emergency medical assistance if anyone was injured;
- When the investigating officer arrives, make sure he or she knows you were an Uber passenger, mention any injuries you sustained, and ask for the crash report number;
- Take photos of the accident scene;
- Exchange contact information with all drivers involved;
- Take pictures of driver’s licenses and insurance information;
- Record the contact information of eyewitnesses;
- Visit your doctor for a medical evaluation for your injuries; and
- Contact a Broward County car accident attorney as soon as possible.
The Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers at Englander Peebles take pride in helping the injured recover the compensation they need to move on with life after a serious Uber accident. We have the experience, determination, and resources to go up against even the largest insurance companies and corporations. Call us today at (954) 500-4878 for a free initial consultation.