Lyft Car Accident Lawyers In Fort Lauderdale
Lyft is one of the fastest-growing ride share companies in Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, and throughout South Florida. Although Lyft tends to be more affordable and convenient than traditional taxis, ride share drivers are just as prone to accidents as every other motorist on the road. If you were injured in a Lyft accident, whether as a Lyft driver or a passenger, pedestrian, or another motorist, it is important that you contact a personal injury lawyer right away to find out how to proceed with your claim.
Determining insurance liability may be especially complicated after a ride share accident. The Fort Lauderdale Lyft car accident attorneys at Englander Peebles stay up-to-date on all insurance laws related to ride share services, and we can help you navigate the claims process and fight for compensation for your injuries. Call (954) 500-4878 today for a free consultation.
Types Of Cases Our Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers Represent
If you were injured in a Lyft accident, you probably have a number of questions about the claims process. Who is liable for my damages? Can I bring a claim against Lyft? How do I pay for immediate medical care? The?Lyft car accident attorneys?at Englander Peebles can answer your questions and help you determine the best way to proceed with your claim.
Our South Florida injury attorneys represent:
- Lyft passengers injured due to a negligent Lyft driver;
- Lyft drivers who were injured in accidents;
- Lyft passengers and drivers injured by other drivers;
- Lyft passengers and drivers injured by uninsured motorists;
- Drivers and passengers in cars that were hit by Lyft vehicles;
- Families of individuals who died in Lyft accidents;
- Motorcycle riders hit by Lyft vehicles;
- Bicyclists hit by Lyft vehicles; and
- Pedestrians hit by Lyft vehicles.
If you need legal advice and representation, contact our lawyers for a free consultation. Call (954) 519-4048 today to schedule a case evaluation with a Broward County personal injury attorney.
5 Steps to Take After a Lyft Accident in Fort Lauderdale
It can seem impossible to remain calm after a serious collision, but your statements and actions at the crash scene could have a major impact on the outcome of your claim. Be sure to take these five steps after a Lyft accident:
- Your top priority is to seek medical assistance for yourself and anyone else who was injured. Call the police, and if anyone was severely hurt, request emergency medical assistance;
- If you are able, take photos of the crash scene that show the positions of vehicles, injuries, property damage, skid marks, and traffic signs. You should also take pictures of driver?s licenses and insurance information;
- If there are any eyewitnesses, take down their contact details;
- When the police arrive, tell an officer what happened, and be sure to mention if you are injured. Ask for the crash report number; and
- Call an attorney with the knowledge of the Florida law to find out how to proceed with your claim.
4 Common Mistakes to Avoid After a Ride Share Accident
You may already know that insurance companies have financial incentive to deny and undervalue claims. Insurance adjusters often try to get claimants to make recorded statements or accept low settlements that may not cover their future medical bills and other damages.
The bottom line is that one small mistake could significantly reduce the amount of compensation that you recover or prevent you from recovering any compensation at all. To give your claim the best chance of success, be sure to avoid these common mistakes:
- Forgetting to call the police, record the contact information of eyewitnesses, or take photos at the crash scene;
- If you are injured, putting off your medical treatment;
- Putting off your consultation with a Lyft accident attorney; and
- Posting information about your case on social media.
How Does Car Insurance Work After a Lyft Accidents in Fort Lauderdale?
Determining insurance liability tends to be more complicated after Lyft accidents than after collisions involving regular vehicles. All Lyft drivers are required to carry personal liability insurance .This policy would come into play if an accident occurs while the driver is off duty?i.e. when ?driver mode? is off.
If a crash occurs when the Lyft driver?s app is in ?driver mode? but no ride has been requested, Lyft?s contingent liability coverage would come into play IF the driver?s personal insurance does not cover the accident. This policy covers $50,000 for bodily injury to one person, $100,000 for total bodily injuries per accident, and $25,000 for property damage.
If an accident occurs after the Lyft driver has accepted a ride request but before the ride has ended in the app, Lyft’s $1 million insurance policy would come into play. This policy includes uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Lyft also provides contingent comprehensive and collision coverage to drivers?but only if they carry personal comprehensive and collision coverage policies.
Contact Our Ride Share Accident Attorneys Today!
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a Lyft crash, it is important that you consult an injury lawyer right away. The Broward County personal injury lawyers at Englander Peebles have the experience and resources to guide you through the Lyft accident claims process. We will identify all potentially liable parties and will ensure you are treated fairly. To schedule a free initial consultation and determine if you have grounds for a claim, call our office today at (954) 500-4878.
Our Lyft Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale Can Help You!
If you were injured in a Lyft accident in South Florida, contact Englander Peebles accident lawyers to find out if you may have grounds for a claim. We will investigate your collision, interview eyewitnesses, gather evidence, and aggressively advocate on your behalf. Call (954) 500-4878 today to set up a free consultation.