Car Accident Fatalities
A car accident has the potential for causing serious injuries which are life-changing for those involved. Tragically, car accidents can also result in fatalities that can be extremely traumatic for the deceased individual’s loved ones. Additionally, it may leave them facing severe financial difficulties. In such cases, certain surviving family members of the deceased individual may file a wrongful death lawsuit to obtain compensation for the damages they suffered. Englander Peebles are experienced car accident lawyers in Fort Lauderdale that is dedicated to assisting those who have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another.
In Florida, certain family members of a deceased individual may bring a wrongful death lawsuit against a person or entity that caused the death by a wrongful act or negligence. Englander Peebles will thoroughly review all aspects of your case and will advise you of the proper legal steps that should be taken to protect your legal rights.
Parties Who May Be Defendants
In a wrongful death action, as with any civil suit, determining who may be liable is an important part of the process. When the death occurs in a car accident, a plaintiff may consider bringing suit against the following individuals, depending on the circumstances:
- The driver who was negligent in the car accident;
- The owner of the vehicle that was involved in the car crash;
- If the vehicle was not working properly, or contained a faulty part, then potential defendants may include the car manufacturer or distributor, the facility that last serviced the vehicle, the installer of the faulty or dangerous part, or the manufacturer of the faulty part;
- If the accident was caused by a hazardous condition on the road, then the individuals or government entities responsible for fixing the road or for warning against the hazardous condition may be a defendant; or
- If the accident was caused by a drunk driver, then the persons who sold, served, or gave alcohol to the drunk driver, as well as the owner of the establishment that provided him with alcohol.
If you have lost a loved one because of another’s wrongful act or negligence, you may have the right to seek financial compensation for damages. These damages may include medical and funeral expenses related to the death, and the loss of the deceased individual’s expected earnings. Additionally, you may be able to recover other types of damages such as pain and suffering, funeral costs, as well as loss of love, society and companionship. Contact Englander Peebles for a free consultation. We are experienced and compassionate attorneys who can help you in obtaining justice for the loss of a loved one in Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and other counties throughout the state of Florida. You may reach us by phone at (954) 500-4878 or by completing our online form. Please don’t hesitate to contact Englander Peebles today as there are limitations to the time you have to be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit.