What if I get hurt in a slip and fall accident at someone’s house?

Published August 10, 2018 by Christina Catedrilla

Liability for slip and fall accidents is not limited to owners of commercial establishments or public properties. If a homeowner invites you to visit his or her house, then that homeowner has a legal obligation to remove any unreasonably dangerous conditions that may cause injuries and to warn you of any known dangers. This obligation means that if you visit someone’s house and you fall because a certain area is poorly maintained, then you may be able to obtain compensation from the homeowner.

Typically, homeowners’ insurance policies cover these kinds of claims. Often, claimants don’t have to worry that they will be forced to pay you from their own pockets. Homeowners’ insurance policies should cover the cost of bills and expenses stemming from a slip and fall accident while a guest at the home of a friend.

Associations & Awards

  • Florida Legal Elite
  • American Institute of Legal Counsel
  • Broward County Bar Association
  • Avvo Rating Superb
  • Lawyers of Distinction
  • superlawers
Free Case Evaluation (954) 500-4878

Three Locations to Meet You

Fort Lauderdale Office
Boca Raton Office
Miami Office