Do I need a lawyer after a car accident in Florida?
If you are involved in a car accident in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, or any city in throughout Florida, and you suffered injuries as a result, then you may be entitled to compensation. Filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit is a means of obtaining the compensation that you deserve if someone injured you through his or her negligence in driving a vehicle. Protecting your rights immediately after a car accident is vital. Englander Peebles can provide seasoned and compassionate representation that comes from years of experience in advocating for clients in personal injury claims.
There are many reasons to call Englander Peebles after being involved in a South Florida car accident:
- You only have limited amount of time file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation for your injuries. Florida, like all states, has a statute of limitations that limits that amount of time you have to pursue a personal injury action in court. If you don’t file suit within that time, you give up your right to sue forever. An attorney can help you ensure that you meet the period limits for filing;
- An attorney who is experienced in handling car accident claims in Broward County will be familiar with the rules of procedure and can help you make sure you preserve your right to seek compensation;
- Most insurance companies aim to keep costs down and reduce their overhead. Your interests may not fully align with your insurance company’s interests, and hiring an attorney is the best way to ensure you have an advocate on your side;
- Proving who was at fault for the car accident can be complicated and expensive. Many times, an investigation must be completed which involves gathering evidence to prove that the other driver was at fault for the car accident. Sometimes, an expert witness such as an accident reconstructionist must be hired. An attorney who understands the law and who can properly use the law to advocate for your interests is important;
- You may not have a complete grasp of the damages for which you are entitled to compensation. An attorney can ensure that you are aware of everything that you may be entitled to receive;
- An experienced attorney can assist you in understanding your settlement options. Most cases settle before trial. An attorney can help you understand the implications of executing a settlement agreement and evaluate whether the proposed settlement is in your best interests; and
- Without an attorney, you may be jeopardizing your only chance of recovering compensation for your serious injuries.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Fort Lauderdale, Wilton Manors, Margate, or any city throughout Florida, contact Englander Peebles today. We are experienced personal injury attorneys who understand how to advocate fiercely for a client's rights in and out of court. Englander Peebles is located in Fort Lauderdale and can be reached by phone at (954) 500-4878 or through our online form. We offer a free initial consultation.