Having a slip or a fall accident can happen to anyone, no matter what age, place, or weather condition. In fact, at some point in most people’s lives, they will have a fall and it will more than likely not be solely their fault! The reality is that slip and fall accidents often lead to injuries that do more than merely disrupt victims’ lives – they change them forever.
Slip and falls are serious accidents! If you recently suffered a severe injury in a slip and fall accident in the Miami area you will want justice. Our attorneys are here to help you get the justice you deserve for your slip and fall case. This means that we will thoroughly investigate your case to pursue the maximum amount of compensation available to you.
We examine the scene, discuss all of the possibilities with you, and even help you to figure out exactly why and how you fell. Our premises liability lawyers will review the applicable state, federal, and local laws to determine if the condition of the premises violated any of those laws and even retain an expert witness, if necessary, to testify as to the defendant’s negligence.
No matter what, there can be justice for slip and fall accidents!
If you have had a fall accident and are not sure whether or not you need an attorney, there are several things to take into consideration. With “ slip and fall” cases, liability is often unclear, and finding the best attorney to handle your case effectively will definitely be worth it in the long run. Florida law gives the victims of property owners’ negligence the right to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and more.
“Premises Liability” refers to a level of safety and maintenance that is required by law for buildings, homes, parking lots, and even walkways -for people who travel on their premises. This means that if you’re injured on someone else’s property due to their negligence – you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost time at work, and much more.
Who Needs Justice For Slip And Falls?
You won’t necessarily need an attorney for all types of slip and fall cases. If you missed a step, slipped on the stairs, tripped over your own coat or clothing, or you reached for something like a handrail or your phone and lost your balance, then a premise owner is not legally responsible for your accident. But for something such as a poorly constructed staircase, broken handrails, etc… you’re probably looking at a definite premise liability case.
Accidents in Miami involving falling, slipping, or tripping are generally considered “premises liability” cases. Some examples of premise liability cases include:
- Liquids or foreign substances that cause a slip or fall at commercial establishments
- Unsafe property conditions that cause a slip and fall incident
- Construction site accidents
- Assaults by employees or business patrons
Believe it or not, slip and fall accidents are very common in Miami and not just with elderly people! The team of attorneys at Englander Peebles has experience with handling such slip and fall cases at big-name stores like Walmart, Lowes, and other large chains and businesses throughout Florida.
Get The Help You Need
If you or someone you love has been involved in a slip, trip, or fall accident here are some steps to take:
- Get medical help & attention, this is your top priority. Plus, you’ll be able to provide proof if you choose to seek compensation for your medical bills with documented injuries.
- Stay Calm. Getting angry or upset won’t change anything and may make it worse. Avoid making any detailed statements concerning who is at fault.
- Be smart: get the names of owners/ managers of property, record names of witnesses, and take decent photos of the scene and injuries.
- File a report: no matter where you have the accident- in a store, apartment building, or even your friend’s house- you must report it to the manager, owner, or landlord and obtain a copy before you leave.
- Get the best Attorney – When considering legal action, the best person on your side is an experienced attorney. Since many slip and fall cases are difficult to prove, you need the resources of a successful law firm. We have the experience, knowledge, and history of success to recover the money you deserve.
Justice With Englander Peebles
The experienced team of slip and fall attorneys at Englander Peebles will recognize and address all of the different factors that can affect liability and damages, both positively and negatively, and make sure you get the justice you are entitled to.
If you’ve had fall, slip or personal injury accident we can help you get the compensation you need to recover. Call us with any questions or to set up an appointment- we are available for you 24/7, day or night to help. We are ready to begin working on your case as soon as possible.